Saturday, October 1, 2016

Famous people and their quotes. Part five.

                                   Isaac Newton.

Source of image:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-234837685/stock-photo-barlow-thomas-oldham-1824-1895-portrait-of-isaac-newton-1863-portrait-executed-after-an-original-by-sir-godfrey-kneller-in-1689-oil-on-canvas.html?src=3If1kSubeVsMG-KHj-0yaA-1-7

BARLOW Thomas Oldham (1824-1895), Portrait of Isaac Newton, 1863, Portrait executed after an original by Sir Godfrey Kneller in 1689, Oil on canvas

“Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my greatest friend is truth.”

“Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.”

“I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself now and then in finding a smoother pebble or prettier shell than ordinary, while the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”

“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”

“To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.”

“Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.”

“The changing of bodies into light, and light into bodies, is very conformable to the course of nature, which seems delighted with transmutations.”

Source of information:

http://www.biography.com/people/isaac-newton-9422656

No comments:

Post a Comment