Thursday, February 1, 2018

Famous people and their quotes. Part twenty one.

                                           Benjamin Franklin.

Source of image:

https://www.shutterstock.com/nb/image-photo/closeup-on-benjamin-franklin-200761622?src=81ZtL_oc_nsEQYsSUdOAKA-1-3

Close-up on Benjamin Franklin

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

“From a child I was fond of reading, and all the little money that came into my hands was ever laid out in books.”

“Human felicity is produced not so much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen, as by little advantages that occur every day.”

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”

“So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do.”

“A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.”

“Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins.”

Source of information:

https://www.biography.com/people/benjamin-franklin-9301234

No comments:

Post a Comment