Friday, June 2, 2017

Famous people and their quotes. Part thirteen.

                                          Michelangelo.

Source of image:

https://www.shutterstock.com/ru/image-photo/michelangelo-14751564-engraved-by-rwoodman-published-81842026?src=iFKZwlm_Sinhr6e-f6wzpA-1-30

Michelangelo (1475-1564). Engraved by R.Woodman and published in The Gallery of Portraits with Memoirs encyclopedia, United Kingdom, 1837.

“I am here in great distress and with great physical strain, and have no friends of any kind, nor do I want them; and I do not have enough time to eat as much as I need; my joy and my sorrow/my repose are these discomforts.”

“With my wet-nurse's milk, I sucked in the hammer and chisels I use for my statues.”

“Critique by creating.”

“With few words I will make thee understand my soul.”

“Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I accomplish.”

“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.”

Source of information:

https://www.biography.com/people/michelangelo-9407628

No comments:

Post a Comment