Saturday, June 2, 2018

Famous people and their quotes. Part twenty five.

                                                                     Vincent van Gogh.

Source of image:

https://www.shutterstock.com/ru/image-photo/cracow-poland-august-182016-exhibition-van-491471566?src=t0rz3rZoU10zmARCkif5ug-3-38

CRACOW, POLAND - AUGUST 18,2016: The exhibition Van Gogh Alive - The Experience at The Old Train Station in Krakow. Poland


“I am a fanatic! I feel a power within me…a fire that I may not quench, but must keep ablaze.”

“As my work is, so am I.”

“When one has fire within oneself, one cannot keep bottling [it] up—better to burn than to burst. What is in will out.”

“I do not say that my work is good, but it's the least bad that I can do. All the rest, relations with people, is very secondary, because I have no talent for that. I can't help it.”

“But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.”

“I get very cross when people tell me that it is dangerous to put out to sea. There is safety in the very heart of danger.”

“As for me, I am rather often uneasy in my mind, because I think that my life has not been calm enough; all those bitter disappointments, adversities, changes keep me from developing fully and naturally in my artistic career.”

Source of information:

https://www.biography.com/people/vincent-van-gogh-9515695

No comments:

Post a Comment